Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pokémon Alpha Version (Japanese: ポケットモンスターアルファ Pocket Monsters Alpha) and Pokémon Omega Version (Japanese: ポケットモンスターオメガ Pocket Monsters Omega) are the primary paired versions of Generation VII.
Pokémon Alpha and Omega Versions follow the trends set up by previous games in the Pokémon franchise. Two player characters (one male and one female) travel throughout a new region, Deltéo, on their respective Pokémon journeys. The Deltéo region is inhabited by various Pokémon, and as in Pokémon Black and White Versions, none of those available prior to Generation VII can be obtained before defeating the Elite Four.
The games' names were revealed on December 6, 2007.
A third Generation VII game, Pokémon Infinity Version, was revealed on December 12, 2012 to be a technical remake of and sequel to both Pokémon Alpha Version and Pokémon Omega Version.
Game box blurb
Pokémon Alpha Version
- "A new world filled with never-before-seen Pokémon! What are the true motives of the mysterious Team Vita? What is the secret of the Legendary Pokémon Ozoridrey? Adventure across the Deltéo region and discover all-new Pokémon."
Pokémon Omega Version
- "A new world filled with never-before-seen Pokémon! What are the true motives of the mysterious Team Mortis? What is the secret of the Legendary Pokémon Vernirox? Adventure across the Deltéo region and discover all-new Pokémon."
Game manual blurb
- "In this world live creatures called Pokémon. Pokémon come in all shapes and sizes and live in a variety of locations. Humans and Pokémon have lived together in harmony for ages. Nevertheless, there are still numerous mysteries surrounding them. In order to find out more about these creatures, many scientists have dedicated their lives to Pokémon research.
- One day, you receive your first Pokémon and are asked to travel throughout the Deltéo region in order to encounter every kind of Pokémon there is and to complete the Pokédex. After choosing your first Pokémon, who will also be your partner on this journey, your adventure begins."
Improved 3D graphics
As with Pokémon X and Y before them, Pokémon Alpha and Omega Versions are completely rendered in 3D. Rather than using the cell-shaded style of the graphics featured in Pokémon X and Y, however, Pokémon Alpha and Omega Versions use the more realistic 3D graphics seen in Pokédex 3D Pro.
For the first time in a main-series Pokémon game, Pokémon Alpha and Omega Versions feature a limited degree of voice acting. For example, instead of using electronically synthesized cries, Pokémon use their cries from the anime when sent into battle or knocked out. Pokédex entries are read aloud in a similar fashion to the anime, and battles are narrated as in Pokémon Battle Revolution.
A new type
Pokémon Alpha and Omega Versions serve as the official debut of the long-awaited Light-type, increasing the total known amount of Pokémon types to 19. Light-type Pokémon are simultaneously weak to and super-effective against Dark-type Pokémon. Several previously-existing Pokémon from Generations I through VI have been retconned to be at least half Light-type, while a grand total of 14 Pokémon introduced in Generation VII are either pure or half Light-type, as well.
Elite Four and Champion
So far, Pokémon Alpha and Omega Versions have introduced a grand total of 206 new Pokémon, more than any other games before them. None of the new Pokémon discovered in the Deltéo region are related to previously-existing ones by evolution or any other means, although some similarities do exist between some of the new Pokémon introduced and those that already have been. As in Pokémon Black and White Versions, the player cannot catch any Pokémon from other regions until after he or she defeats the Elite Four.
New Mega Evolutions
- Main Article: Mega Evolution
Previously thought to be unique to the Kalos region, Mega Evolution can also take place in Deltéo. Pokémon Alpha and Omega Versions introduce a grand total of 24 new Mega Evolutions.